Fitness Center Policies and Procedures
- No personal belongings are allowed on fitness floor. Please use lockers provided. Staff members are not responsible for lost or stolen items. (See page 11 for lost and found procedures)
- Weights are not to be stood on, or leaned against walls, pillars, equipment,or mirrors. Weights should not be dropped; Olympic lifts should be performed with a controlled deceleration on the lifting platforms with bumper plates.
- The use of safety stop clips is strongly encouraged while using treadmills.
- Towels must be placed between the equipment pads and the person using equipment if/when a person is not wearing full-backed shirts or pants.
- Patrons should use extreme caution when lifting weights to avoid potential injury to themselves or others. Top loading additional weights onto weight stack machines is unsafe and is prohibited.
- Patrons are encouraged to ask fitness staff for help adjusting equipment, for a spot or for general questions.
- Spring collars should be used with all bars in free weight lifting.
- Weight-lifting hand chalk is not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Patrons must sign-up at the fitness desk when using any piece of cardiovascular equipment. Maximum sign-up time is 30 minutes.
- To avoid congestion and waiting lines, patrons should allow others to “work in” while using weight equipment. Please use courtesy and consideration for others when using weight equipment.
- No alcoholic beverages or food allowed. Liquids must be in a closed, non-glass, no leak container.
- Machines and mats should be wiped down after use. Cleaning supplies are available on the fitness floor and should be returned to bins after use.
- Patrons with excessive body odor will be asked to correct the problem immediately. If this condition persists, the patron will be asked to leave the facility.
- Patrons are required to re-rack weights, plates, and dumbells in appropriate racks. Please do not overstack racks.
Summer Hours: Jun 9 - Aug 15
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9:00 pm
Quick Schedule Links:
News & Events
Unfamiliar with MIT Recreation? ...Read more...
Who We Are03.30
An insightful initiative, Who We Are, provides an...Read more...