MIT Summer Day Camp
Since 1960, MIT Summer Day Camp has strived to offer an inclusive environment where all children are encouraged to participate and learn new skills. Our programs are designed to ensure each camper a safe and enjoyable experience. We hire only highly qualified individuals with tremendous experience working with children and knowledge in a broad spectrum of recreational activities. MIT Summer Day Camp is a member of the Massachusetts Camp Association.
MIT Summer Day Camp embraces the numerous cultural and personal differences of campers and their families. Our staff actively promotes respect and appreciation for diversity of our campers' races, ethnicities, cultures, family structures, and other personal characteristics.
Objectives for Developing Life Skills
MIT Summer Day Camp is committed to the development of campers' life skills through group activities and exposure to diverse athletic and educational experiences. Our emphasis on safety promotes an atmosphere of respect and trust that encourages children to enhance additional personal and situational skills through new challenges, while having fun. A qualified staff, wide range of events, and a state-of-the-art athletic and recreational environment enrich the camp experience and provide the necessary developmental structure for children of all ages.
Development of Social Skills
- The social development of campers is nurtured through interactive activities that emphasize teamwork, which includes sportsmanship, adaptability, self-control, and cooperation.
- Communication between campers and peers and campers and counselors is vital to the successful development of interpersonal skills.
- Within the various group activities, counselors seek out leadership opportunities for each individual camper, which will build confidence, foster responsibility and initiative, and reinforce particular strengths for that camper while setting positive examples for other campers.
- Campers must participate in all activities.
Development of Physical Skills
- The physical development of campers is nurtured by providing campers with consistent opportunities to participate in athletics and life skills.
- Each child is supported in his/her effort to enhance skills, such as coordination, balance and agility, endurance, creativity, observation, and active listening.
Development of Personal Skills
- The personal development of campers is nurtured by dedicated counselors who seek opportunities to build self-confidence, self-reliance, and independence in individual campers by praising effort and positive attitude as well as accomplishments in specific skills.
- The emphasis is placed on trying new things, learning by doing, and enjoying the process of discovery.
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat: 7:00am - 9:00pm
Sun: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9:00 pm
Quick Schedule Links:
News & Events
Who We Are09.01
An insightful initiative, Who We Are, provides an...Read more...
Member Appreciation Day09.24
Join us for a day of fun and excitement as we show our...Read more...
Unfamiliar with MIT Recreation? ...Read more...