MIT Summer Day Camp
CIT Program (Counselor-in-Training)
For boys and girls ages 14 to 16
Interested in becoming a camp counselor someday?
Perfect for past day campers, the newly expanded CIT program now offers even more opportunities for teenagers to gain necessary knowledge and experience that will greatly add to their future job qualifications. Under the direction and supervision of a Camp Assistant Director, CIT's will learn about basic camp operations, improve interaction and leadership skills, perform assigned daily and weekly duties, enhance creativity and the ability to think on their feet, and work in a multiple task environment while utilizing fundamental managerial skills.
Typical CIT responsibilities include:
- supervision of campers (e.g. ensuring they reach their group if they are late to camp or ensuring they are pulled from group if they are leaving early)
- interaction and counselor tasks as CIT's will have opportunities to work with younger campers in specified groups
- answering day camp phone and forwarding of messages to staff
- managing attendance books, medical log, and equipment inventory
- forwarding/delivering messages to other staff members
- filling water coolers and delivering other supplies to camp activities and facilities
- daily and weekly camp set-up tasks such as preparing for drop-off, pick-up, lunch, late-stay, early-arrival, and special events
- All CIT's will wear a "CIT" T-shirt during camp hours.
- At the end of the camp season, CIT's will receive an evaluation encompassing their progress and efforts as a member of the MIT Summer Day Camp Staff, including general skills, social skills, and managerial skills.
* To apply, CIT's must be 14 years of age by June 17, 2013 which is the first day of camp.
Memorial Day Weekend Hours
Sat & Sun:
Z-Center: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mon (Memorial Day):
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
View Changes in Operational Hours
Quick Schedule Links:
News & Events
Enter our Drawing04.30
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
You will be...Read more...