MIT Summer Day Camp
MIT SUMMER DAY CAMP POLICIES
The early arrival and late stay program are a service for parents to help meet the needs of the work schedules. It is not a highly structured program like the Day Camp. Kids do not have to participate in activities at early arrival and/or late stay. Kids may just want to talk to kids and staff, read, play board games, etc. We have basketball hoops, badminton, 4square, etc. set up to play IF THE KIDS CHOOSE TO. Our staff will monitor all activities.
Early Arrival starts at 8:00 o'clock. Drop off children inside the Johnson Ice Rink (see map). Go to the main Zesiger front desk (building W35) for directions to Johnson Ice Rink.
Late stay starts at 4:00pm and ends at 5:30pm. Pick up children in the Johnson Ice Rink (see map). In an attempt to ensure the safety of all campers, we must require identification from the individual picking-up your child from Late Stay. We currently require identification and a note giving permission for any individual other than the child's parent to pick-up a child from camp and Late Stay. This policy works well when your child's counselor has become familiar with the parent dropping off the child, but is not sufficient for Late Stay. Because different counselors care for your child during Late Stay, they may not know each child's parents. For this reason, we will request identification from mothers and fathers as well.
Regular Drop-Off (9am) and Pick-Up (3:45pm)
This season, campers may be dropped off at Johnson Athletic Center, which is accessed from the Kresge Parking Lot by taking Amherst Street from Massachusetts Avenue (see map). After campers are dropped off, vehicles may access Memorial Drive. Campers will organize by groups with their counselors in or near Johnson. Group lists with camper's names will be posted on the glass windows at camp drop-off.
Campers will be dismissed from the morning drop-off location. Campers not picked up by 4:00 pm will become part of "Late Stay" located in the air-conditioned Johnson Athletic Center, at the daily enrollment rate of $27.00. We cannot accept cash. Checks should be made out to MIT Summer Day Camp.
Child's Exclusion Due to Illness
Children will be excluded from the camp for the following reasons:
- Illness that prevents the child from participating comfortably in program activities.
- Fever (100°axillary(armpit), 101°orally 102°aural(ear) accompanied by other symptoms such as lethargy, constant crying, difficulty breathing, diarrhea and vomiting.
- Diarrhea-stools with blood or mucous, and/or uncontrolled, unformed stools that cannot be contained in a diaper/underwear or toilet.Or Vomiting-green or bloody, and/or two or more times during the previous 24 hours.
Camp Fees: In order to reserve your space in any camp session, your registration must be accompanied by a RESERVATION FEE of $50 per camper per session that will be applied towards your camper's tuition. RESERVATION FEES are non-refundable and non-transferable. This fee will be charged for any session in which your camper is enrolled. This fee will be applied to your tuition for that enrolled session only, and cannot be refunded or applied to any other camp session or camp balance at any other time. The Reservation Fee will also be kept if you switch sessions. Final payment for all fees is due by May 8, 2015.
NO TUITION REFUNDS AFTER MAY 6, 2016
Emergency Contact Information and Procedures:
- MIT emergency telephone numbers:
Rescue/Ambulance: x100 or 253-1212
Poison Prevention Center: 253-5360 (Environmental Medical Service)
- Hospital utilized for emergencies:
Name: Children's Hospital
Address: 300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Telephone: 617/355-6000 (Main #)
617/355-6611 (Emergency #)
- Emergency procedures:
- In case of emergency, dial 100 from any campus phone, request the assistance of an EMT and describe the illness or injury. A staff member waits with the camper until the EMT arrives.
- Another staff member notifies the Program Director who will notify parents by telephone of any emergency requiring more than minor first aid. If the parents cannot be reached, the Director will notify the alternate contact person indicated on the student's application.
- The camp maintains a medical log, a record of all camper and staff health complaints and treatments.
Facility Hours (Full List Here)
Thanksgiving Week Hours
Wednesday, Nov 25th
ZCenter: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
A/W: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday, Nov 26th
Friday, Nov 27th
ZCenter: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sat - Sun, Nov 28th - 29th
ZCenter: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Quick Schedule Links: