A:Version 3.8 5/3/2020
– Off Campus Student Membership options update
– Changes due to MA Phase 4 Stage 1 Reopening Plan
– Changes due to MA, Cambridge and MIT Outdoor Face Coverings
– Update to Summer Hours of Operation
– Spring and Summer Physical Education Offerings
Version 3.7 2/16/2020
– Membership options update
Version 3.6 2/10/2020
– Rescinded Cambridge Emergency Order
– Spring 2021 updates for returning students
Version 3.5 12/23/2020
– Updated based on Cambridge Emergency Order
Version 3.4 12/7/2020
– Indoor Private Golf Instruction
Version 3.3 11/30/2020
– New Fitness Floor Reservation Process
A: If you’re a new (or just returning this Spring) campus resident and fully compliant with Q week and Covid Pass, you will have access to DAPER beginning on Feb. 22nd. If you’ve already been on campus accessing DAPER, and did not lose your campus allocation in Covid Pass, you will continue to have DAPER access without pause as long as your status remains the same. If you’re a recently returning off campus graduate student taking in person classes in Spring, you will have access beginning on March 1st. If you’re an off campus graduate student under the research allocation in Covid pass, you have access to DAPER now. All registered students living on- and off-campus will be eligible to access DAPER facilities starting Monday, May 3. Visit this page to request access.
If you’re a first year student, you should’ve receive a waiver through DocuSign, once you submit your waiver you will have an online recreation account (within 48 hours) that will give you access to virtual classes until you can recreate in person. If you’re a returning student (2nd or 3rd year or Grad Student), your online recreation account has been reactivated; this will give you access to signing up for virtual classes until you can recreate in person. If you’re a new graduate student, you can visit the front desk to sign your waiver and activate your membership once you’re approved to access DAPER (either now, Feb. 22nd or March 1st)
A: While we are excited to welcome back some of our members, we know that many are not yet permitted back on campus. We are closely following MIT’s reopening strategy for the entire campus and will continue to advocate for your return in future stages. In the meantime we ask for your support, as the success of this reopening stage will impact future stages.
A: Yes, all memberships will remain on hold unless you decide to reactivate it. If you do not wish to opt-in at this time you do not need to take action. Please note that only campus residents may opt-in at this time.
A: We’re excited to announce that DAPER has been given the approval to continue the extension of membership eligibility past 2/12/21 to MIT faculty and staff members in Covid Pass. In order to be eligible, employees are required to be in COVID pass compliance and have a current MIT employee ID, individuals with affiliate and DLC sponsored cards are not eligible at this time.
If you purchased the winter temporary pass expiring 2/12/21, you have complimentary access until 2/19/21. If you’d like to extend past 2/19/21, a membership is required. Please read the following instructions if you’d like access after 2/19/21:
– A temporary pass holder with a membership that was put on hold in March 2020 – Complete our membership reactivation form
– A temporary pass holder without a membership on hold – Beginning on 2/20/21, you may sign up for a new Faculty/Staff membership online by clicking “Become a New Member”
If you have any questions feel free to email email@example.com and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. We’re happy that we’re able to offer you this opportunity and hope to see you back.