Pool Schedule & Facility Rentals
Diving Structure Project
The diving structures at the Zesiger Center will be closed for repairs, April 1 – 30, 2014. Contractors will repair cracks found in the diving tower’s concrete. The cracks do not currently threaten the safety of swimmers or divers, but need to be repaired as soon as possible to prevent any further degradation. This project is scheduled take the entire month and unfortunately cannot be postponed.
The shutdown will impact two parts of the facility. First the foot traffic will be restricted on the pool deck from the Women’s Zesiger locker rooms to the Aquatic Hallway. Second this project will only affect one lane in the diving well. No other pool closures will be needed for this project. MIT Facilities will schedule these repairs so that there is the least amount of impact to the aquatic community. We do ask for your patience with any inconveniences related to the project.
Detailed Pool Schedule
The detailed schedule shows the general areas and hours the pools are open for recreational swimming or specific groups. The actual lane designations will be defined by management according to participation and administrative constraints. Recreational lap swimming is denoted by 'Rec Swim' in the pool schedule. The detailed schedule has been color coded to be user friendly, please refer to the color key at the bottom of each detailed schedule. The following schedules are available and require adobe acrobat.
If you visit this page often, you may need to hit refresh on your browser to view the most up to date web page information.
Aquatic Schedule List Serve:
Youth Hours (under 17 years old):
- Zesiger Center: Sept to May children are allowed in the Zesiger Center Mon-Fri 6a-5p and 7p-11p, Sat and Sun all facility hours
- During holidays, winter break, and during the summer youth are allowed in the Zesiger Center during all facility hours.
- Alumni/Wang Center: Children are allowed during all facility hours.
Women's Only Swim
- We will offer Women's Only Recreational Swimming during the academic year on Tuesdays 9:30p-10:30p at the Alumni Pool Sept - Dec 3 and Jan 7-May 6 (no March 25 due to spring break).
- It is free for members and it is a discounted 1 day day pass for non-members $5 for students with a student id and $10 or non-students.
- We now offer Women's Only Swim Day Pass Packages sold in 5 or 10 day pass packages: student 5 pack $25, student 10 pack $45, non-student 5 pack $50, non-student 10 pack $95.
- You can now buy the Women's Only Swim non-student day passes packages online on the series sale page (student passes are only sold in person at the desk with a valid student id) or in person at any of our desks.
- We will also have Women's Only Beginning Swim and Women's Only Intermediate Swim class running at the same time, if interested in signing up online or at the Main Desk.
Long Course (50 Meter Lanes)
The Zesiger Center Competition Pool will be set up Dec 21- Jan 10th with 8 lanes that are 50 meters in length.
Swim and Boat Test
Interested finishing up your MIT swim requirement or would like to use the MIT Sailing Pavillion? Come to the Zesiger Center Pool Deck with your MIT ID any Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 8am or 8pm all year round. The MIT PE Swim test is a 100 yard swim, the MIT PE Swim and Boat Test is a 100 yard swim followed by 10 minutes of treading water. You can also sign up for group or private swim lessons to complete your PE Swim Requirement instead of the swim test. Click here for more info on PE credit http://mitpe.com/swim-boat-test/default.asp
Aquatic Facility Rentals
- Shallow pool
- Deep / Competition pool
- Water polo, Swim and Dive configurations
- Conference room
- Youth Parties
Aquatic Research and Testing
MIT Recreational Sports supports MIT's needs for aquatic facility space to conduct research and testing on ROV (remote operated vehicles) and other aquatic research needs. For details on reserving space and limitations of what may be tested in our facility please see the Student Research and Testing documentation.
Check out our local sponsor to refuel after a great swim at MIT!
Patriot's Day Hours
Z-Center: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A/W Center: CLOSED
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat: 7:00am - 9:00pm
Sun: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9:00 pm
Quick Schedule Links:
News & Events
Unfamiliar with MIT Recreation? ...Read more...
Who We Are03.30
An insightful initiative, Who We Are, provides an...Read more...